Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of GodMt 4:4
Make this recipe together
Yield: Makes 8-10 tacos
Time: Approximately 40 min
Description: Shrimp tacos with cilantro lime coleslaw, sliced avocado and a spicy chipotle crema
- Prep the slaw and crema: Prepare the cilantro lime slaw according to instructions. Combine all of the chipotle crema ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. (If you would like to skip the blender, just finely chop the chipotle in adobo sauce and stir it together with the other ingredients in a mixing bowl until evenly combined. Or if you are using chipotle powder, you can definitely just stir the ingredients together by hand.)
- Cook the shrimp. In a mixing bowl, toss the shrimp with the taco seasoning, plus a generous pinch of salt and black pepper, until evenly coated. Heat oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cook the shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes, flipping once, until they are opaque and cooked through. Transfer to a clean plate and set aside.
- Assemble the tacos: Fill each flour tortillas with a generous serving of the slaw, a few slices of avocado, a few shrimp, a drizzle of chipotle crema and sprinkle of your favorite toppings.
Shrimp Taco Ingredients:
- 1 batch cilantro lime slaw
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 to 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- fine sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 8–10 flour tortillas (or corn tortillas)
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and thinly-sliced
- optional toppings: chopped fresh cilantro, chopped red or white onion, sliced jalapeño or serrano peppers, crumbled cotija cheese, and/or lime wedges
Chipotle Crema Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or mayo)
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce (or 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Pray this prayer together
1. Create a prayer space in your home
This can include a family Bible, crucifix or cross, and a candle
2. Share something you would each like to pray for
You can write down intentions and leave them on the prayer space
throughout the day. Then read them when you come together
3. Use one of the following resources to pray the
Stations of the Cross together
Watch this movie toeh
As you eat your Shrimp Tacos, watch the film:
Toy Story 2
Movie Run Time: 1 hr 32 min
The second installment in the Toy Story movie series depicts Woody (Tom Hanks) as he is stolen from his home by toy dealer Al McWhiggin (Wayne Knight), leaving Buzz Lightyear (Tim Allen) and the rest of the gang to try to rescue him. But when Woody discovers that he’s actually a valuable collectible from a once-popular television show called “Woody’s Roundup” and is reunited with his horse Bullseye, Jessie the yodeling cowgirl (Joan Cusack) and his faithful sidekick, Stinky Pete the Prospector (Kelsey Grammer), he doesn’t want to leave.
Discuss together as a family
After watching the movie, use any of the following questions to share as a family.
- What were some of the things Wood’y friends had to give up in order to find him?
- Was there ever a time when someone made sacrifices to help you? How is this like Jesus’ parable of the Lost Sheep? (Lk 15)
- What did Woody need to sacrifice in order to return home?
- What did Jessie give up by going to Japan? What did she gain?
- How does fasting, or giving something up, help prepare us for something better? For what God has planned for us?
We’d love to hear or see how it went with your family!
Share your experiences or pictures by clicking below.