Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.”Mt 25:40
Make this recipe together
Veggie Garlic Noodles
Original Recipe from Tasty
Yield: Makes 4 servings
Time: Approximately 20 min
Description: An easy Asian noodle and vegetable stir fry
- Prior to beginning, cook your rice noodles as directed on the packaging
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and 3 spring onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and peas, before stirring in the brown sugar and soy sauce.
- Add the noodles and mix together for another couple of minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then slice remaining spring onion and top to serve.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 spring onions, divided
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup snap pea
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 9 oz dried rice noodles, cooked
Pray this prayer together
1. Create a prayer space in your home
This can include a family Bible, crucifix or cross, and a candle
2. Share something you would each like to pray for
You can write down intentions and leave them on the prayer space
throughout the day. Then read them when you come together.
3. Pray by reading Matthew 25:31-46 together
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne, and all the nations will be assembled before him.
And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.’
Then the righteous will answer him and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?’
And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’
Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, a stranger and you gave me no welcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me.’
Then they will answer and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?’
He will answer them, ‘Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.’
And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
Watch this movie together
As you eat your Veggie Noodles, watch the film:
Available at: Stream Now Pro
Movie Run Time: 1 hr 35 min
Follow the cameras of Grassroots Films, the Award-Winning producers of “The Human Experience” and “Child 31,” on an unexpected journey following the work of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal across the globe. Travel to the prisons of Central America, walk the dark city streets of London, New York and Ireland’s most treacherous neighborhoods. Step beyond your comfort zone and into the lives of our modern day outcasts.
Discuss this together as a family
After watching the movie, use any of the following questions to share as a family.
- What are some of the challenges that people faced in the movie?
- How do the Friars of the Renewal work to respond to these needs?
- What struck you about the way people interacted with one another?
- Who are people that are “outcasts” or the “least” among us?
- How can we help, serve, and love them?
We’d love to hear or see how it went with your family!
Share your experiences or pictures by clicking below.